POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Glass Blob in 2h. 53k jpeg : Re: Glass Blob in 2h. 53k jpeg Server Time
19 Aug 2024 18:30:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Glass Blob in 2h. 53k jpeg
From: Bob H
Date: 24 Oct 2000 19:12:58
Message: <39f6177a$1@news.povray.org>
"Alf Peake" <alf### [at] peake42freeservecouk> wrote in message
> DOS MegaPov 0.4 and photons this time. Only 2 hours now because I used
> an overall radial pigment instead of a calculated pigment for each
> component in the blob. Despite 800 spheres, "ribs" are still visible.
> The colours are as I would have liked in the 56h post.

800 individual texture pigments in the other one huh?  No wonder it took so
long.
I'll suggest you try sphere_sweep next time since you are texturing overall
anyway.  Should be fast and ribless.  The black background helps that low max
trace look, maybe that was the intent so that it wasn't obvious.  Difficult to
see how much the texture is dropping out though anyhow, just looks like plenty
of refraction to me.  I think it needs reflection  :-)
I empathize with you, having 500MHz here as well.  Only a 1THz CPU would ever
satisfy me, temporarily.

Bob